Thursday 29 September 2011

Because of health problems I couldn't hold our usual craft day last month but this months went ahead and it was just so so so.... good to get together, from the left Suzy, Christina, Wendy, Trish and Kay and I am behind the camera.

These are what we made:

The first two cards were inspired by some cards I saw at a Training Day in July, I am so sorry I can't remember who actually created the original design.
This card I have used the bleaching method...
Firstly I stamped the design in versa mark onto Soft Suede card and heat embossed with Black embossing powder.

I then used bleach and a thin brush to bleach out the colour in the design, I was thrilled when the colour left was a really good match to So Saffron.
I mounted this onto Basic Black and then onto So Saffron card and then onto Basic Black base card.

I used the Decorative Label punch for the embellishments on the sides. I punched 2 and folded them in half, stuck the lower half to the top of the base card, slipped the mats with the bleached design in and then folded the top half of the decorative label down and glued it in place, added a couple of rhinestones and text from Clearly For You stamp set to finish.
I have seen the Bauble punch used for so many different things and I just loved this idea of using it as a vase.

Stamp sets: Hopeful Thoughts and Sincere Salutations
Card Stock: Rose Red, Very Vanilla and River Rock
Inks: Old Olive, Basic Black and Rose Red
Punch: Bauble Punch
Extras: Rose Red Seam Binding

I used the SU Crimper, it has to be the best I have had about 3 different ones in the past and I find the Stampin'Up! one works heaps better than all the rest.


Anyway thank you to my lovely ladies for coming and making these cards with me and thank you for looking at my blog I hope you enjoyed it.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

Ann Wills said...

The class looks so happy, the cards are gorgeous, wish I had been there

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails