Sunday 5 February 2012

Flowers For You

I don't know if you have woken up to the same sight as me this morning, a beautiful white blanket of snow covering everything.
I thought I would stay in the warm this morning and post a couple of cards.


This first card I have used Riding Hood Red, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock.
Riding Hood Red and Basic Black Ink.

The flower is from the stamp set You Are Loved which is in the Mini Catalogue page 12. (Don't tell Peter but I am also using this set to make his Valentine Card).
The Text is from the sale.a.bration set Elementary Elegance.

I have embosed the red card on the bottom of the card using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.






SHADOW CARD (sorry this photo is not too good)
This card has also been stamped using a set from the Mini Catalogue called Charming (on page 7).
The text if from the hostess set also in the mini and is called Swirls & Curls Verses I think it is really cute. I have punched it out using the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered it onto a 1 3/8" punched circle.
The card stock is Baja Breeze, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Garden Green and Baja Breeze
I have used the new 6 cm Scallop Circle punch to punch the window which is also available in the Mini Catalogue.

I am sure that most of you will know how to make a shadow card but just in case here are some dimensions for the one above.
It is so easy to make this type of card. You need 2 pieces of card 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" Score down the two short sides at 1/2" and 1" on both pieces of card. Fold the 2 outside score lines in a valley fold and the two inner score lines in a mountain fold. Do this on both pieces of card. Punch your window out of one piece of card and decorate as desired. Decorate the inside of the other piece of card . Lastly stick the two outside flaps on both pieces of card together to form your shadow card.

Anyway thank you so much for looking, happy snowballing.
Jackie
xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails